Tuesday, June 3, 2008

OB One (I couldn't resist)

Today I had my first prenatal appointment with my OB (ie OB One...get it?) Anyhoo, I start off by saying, "I love my OB!" I pray everything goes down as it should and he actually does the delivering. Wouldn't that be great, since my DD's OB was no where in sight when I had her. At today's appointment, I gave blood, gave urine, and had a full exam (pelvic and checking of the boobs). Before and after my appointment I sat with OB1 to discuss everything: my fears, the pre-term issues, sex, medication, constipation, how I much I dislike MFM, pre-registration for hospital, and a million other things my brain has lost...not to mention my 50k questions. To all of this, my prego world according to OB1:
  1. If I'm not doing something, I should be resting
  2. Agreed with MFM for me to take the Integrated Test, and says that he may push for an amnio (I hope it's a subtle push)
  3. Raised the eyebrow on the "no exam from MFM" query. Told me maybe she was having an off day, but more likely she was waiting for me to see him before she stepped on his toes (I guess)
  4. Primarily before I see him for my tri-weekly appointments, I will need to see her for all of my sonograms and cervical length checks...Next appointment with MFM in 2 weeks, OB1 in 3 weeks.
  5. No exercise besides minimal walking - Eesh! There goes my "I'll swim to keep fit over the summer" idea
  6. I am cleared to fly/travel as long as I get up to move my legs every 45 minutes...his words, "Pretend you have to go the bathroom every 45 minutes, although you probably will"
  7. No relations!!!!!!!!!!! I told him we just got the clearance from the RE's office before I graduated and now I have to tell DH, "Sorry see you sometime in, hm, February"?!??! DH was not too happy but was way more understanding than I thought. Plus, I happened to mention that OB1 knows many couples cheat...just cheat carefully LOL
  8. Agrees with the Progesterone shot treatment from 16 weeks to possible end of pregnancy.
  9. Weight gain is perfect...since I started way back in Feb doing the IVF thing, I've only gained 5lbs!! GO ME!!
    And lastly...
  10. OB1 feels that once we start doing the cervical length checks we will have a strong jump start on preventing my preterm labor - WOO-FREAKIN-HOO!!

I LOVE MY OB1!!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

It is so reassuring to have the Progesterone Caporate shot once a week starting wk 16! I do those now due to my preterm labor and loss of my twins last year.
Dont get freaked if you dont feel the little one an hour or two after the shot - since it has an amount of muscle relaxant.
BTW - Congrats!!!!