Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Violin anyone?

Violins.Image via Wikipedia

My mother decided that Madison had to do something for the summer, and had me sign her up for music lessons when she found out Maddy's best friend was taking violin lessons. She missed the first two days and today was her first day. It's only an hour a day Monday thru Friday. Now I don't know how many of you parents have had a child play an instrument before, but all I can say is "WOW", and it's only day 1!!! She learned the notes D & A and was "told" (allegedly) to go home and practice. No sooner were we in the door from being picked up did she have that violin out of the case and scratching away! The poor dog came to my door and looked at me like "Really?" I just told her it's for the summer and we have to get used to it. Hubby was hoping she would have picked the clarinet to be the next female Kenny G or something. Ah, well. When she gets to be remotely good at it, I will post a video, no, scratch that, you all will endure her progress right along with me. I'll video after tomorrow's lesson!!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: