Monday, March 21, 2011

Breastfeeding and Having Pumping Issues??


After commenting on another's mama's blog (Samantha) I decided to post my handy dandy Pumping Tips for my breastfeeding mamas!

Hope these help:

1. Invest in some Mother's Milk Tea (order online from Traditional Medicinals - cheaper that way) and drink at least 4-6 cups a day. It's really tastes good too!
2. Comfy location to pump with no distractions, even play relaxing music if you can
3. Drink as much water as you can without gagging lol
4. keep talking your prenatal vitamins
5. apply a warm compress or towel/take a hot shower before
6. have baby near by or a photo sometimes the visual also helps with the stimulation
7. Make sure you're eating enough calories, remember pumping burns up alot!!
8. Try to pump either after nursing or simultaneously (imagine you have twins!)

If you still have problems after that, you may need better suction on your pump

Happy Pumping!!!
;-)

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately I'm already doing everything except the warm compress. My son seems to be taking in plenty so I may just need different breastsheilds or something!