Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I Made Us Some Skrimps!!!

Yup, I said: SKRIMPS!! (I was so excited that I actually made a song about cooking skrimps which drove Maddy crazy!)

My new rotisserie comes equipped with skewers!  I came home from work.  Took out the bag of frozen jumbo skrimps, ran them under the cold tap for a few minutes to thaw them out.  Squeezed some fresh lemon juice in to the water and let it sit.

Then I made my marinade:
  • sea salt
  • black pepper
  • onion powder
  • lemon zest
  • parsley
  • cilantro
  • chopped fresh green onion
  • grated fresh garlic
  • extra virgin olive oil

I dried off the skrimps and added the marinade, covered, and sat it in the fridge for about an hour.
Then I put the skrimps on the skewers, I tried to squeeze 6 on a skewer because I had that much skrimps but did 5 deep, and just had to do a 2nd spin for tomorrow's left overs.

Then I put them on their little rotating tower, pressed the 450 degree button, and the timer for 16 minutes, and walked away!!
I made rice, black beans, a salad, and leftover sweet potatoes to accompany my skrimps and it was on like donkey kong!!  

Upon first bite hubby said, "Wow, these taste so good and buttery!" He was shocked to find out it was made with olive oil.  Tasted just like Scampi!

I hate to sound like an infomercial...but you really need to get a rotisserie in your life...TODAY!!!






No comments: