Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Raging Hormones!!

I am completely up and down with my emotions. One minute I'm crying, the next I'm furious, then back to crying, sleepy, then extremely elated. Now remember I'm not complaining, just stating the facts, for I am blessed and grateful to be pregnant. Never get it twisted. I tell ya I walk into school in the morning sleepy, then I'm happy to chat with my co-workers before class, but the minute I walk into the classroom - EESH! It's like Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde. The kids are just so confused by me, I feel bad sometimes (other times they are rightfully working my nerves!) Plus, now moving into my 8th week things are drastically different. My little pot is much more noticeable (I got my first 2 belly rubs today in school. DH asked if this bothered me, so did 1 of the rubbers {ha ha rubbers}, and it doesn't bother me if it's people I actually know. Perfect strangers? They'll pull back a nub!)...anyhoo, I love the pot. I love the utter roundness of it, knowing my little peanut is growing safely inside. See, now I'm getting all misty in the eyes again. LOL. The other major change this week is that in the last 2 weeks I was all about eating every 2 hours (even out of my sleep), I couldn't get enough to eat. Now this week - YUCK! I'm not totally nauseaous or puking, but I don't have any desire to eat. And when I do it the icky doesn't go away, so I eat slower all the while my stomach is growling. I've had to force myself to eat for the past 3 days. It's weird to be starving, eat the food, and still feel queasy before, during and after eating. One of the preggers in the department also had the same experience during the same time frame, and I know of course women deal with this all the time. I pray this isn't the beginning of the ill-fated morning sickness. I definitely didn't have this with my DD, with my pregnancy with her I had the dry heaves and massive amounts of saliva but I never actually threw up, though most days I wished I would! Dry heaves hurt so bad, by the time your done your ribs, sides, and stomach ache for hours. They say that like snowflakes no pregnancy is like the other, so we'll see!

No comments: