Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend!!

Friday:
On Friday, DH and I met up at the RE's office at 10am for a sonogram. I was so nervous, I had to pee three times before they even called me in to be examined. First, we drew blood, as usual, to check all hormone levels. Finally after waiting for what seemed like forever (25 minutes), they called us in for the sono. Because it was later in the morning and the nurses were bored, I got 2 of my favorite nurses to perform the sono. I could barely breathe. They looked at the screen by themselves first to make sure there was growth and progress from the last sono, and thankfully there was! Both sacs was bigger and they were able to locate the heart. The most fantastic part of that exam was when she put the sound on and DH and I were able to hear our little one's heart beat. 109 beats per minute!! The beautiful beginning to our future.

Saturday:
Since my mom had DD for the night (some pre-mother's day shopping), I woke up early Saturday to pick her up. I neatly took her presents and put them in a gift bag for when we got home. As soon as we arrived, I had her clean up, and then meet me in my bedroom. I had the camera all set up. She looked so curious, "What's the camera for?" I told her, "You'll see, I have a present for you and want to take a picture of you when you open it". When she opened up part I, a t-shirt that read on the front: I HAVE A SECRET and on the back: I'M GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER, I burst into tears. She just kept grinning and grinning, and I had say, "SOooo?" Then she finally said, "I'm so happy, I've been waiting for a brother or sister for soooooo long!" Then she opened part II, a book on being a Big Sister. Then I told her that daddy and I decided she would be making all the phone calls and wearing her t-shirt around for the day to show our family. She got right to the task, calling my brother first to say, "Have I got a surprise for you!" We spent the rest of the day sharing the news with my grandmother, aunts and cousins. My grandmother literally opened the door, brushed DD aside and put her hand to my belly and said, "How's my great-grandson doing?" My mouth hit the floor, I had DD rush to make "her" announcement, so that I could interrogate my grandmother. Evidently, she and my aunt had both dreamt of fish last week!!

Sunday:
What a wonderful day!! I got a huge breakfast in bed of scrambled eggs with cheese, waffles, bacon, and a cup of my favorite french vanilla coffee (decaf of course). DH bought me a beautiful bouquet of pink and white roses, and DD "bought" me a beautiful baby doll top (good looking out by my mom as DD tried to pick out all these skimpy tops or dresses), not to mention tons and tons of homemade cards. I then got to lounge around while DH and DD cleaned up the house, vacuumed, mowed the lawn, and watered the flowers...It was great! Later on mom came over and we exchanged gifts. For her, she has a charm bracelet that she's always adding to, so I got her a little gold baby bootie. For me, she got me a pair of diamond hoops and a cleaning service that will come to the house next saturday to help "really" clean. Since the whole process, I've been pretty preoccupied so much of the house has been neglected from many forms of cleaning. Then the four of us went to the Grand Lux cafe for dunch (between dinner and lunch). All in all, a beautiful mother's day.

2 comments:

Christine said...

A wonderful mothers day present!!! congrats!

Mandi said...

*Tear*