Monday, June 16, 2008

No kids, no more grades, no more stinky attitudes!!!

The last parts not exactly true as we get rid of the kids but gear up for a fun-filled week of Regents proctoring and grading...can you hear the sarcasm dripping from my voice? Some of my colleagues were going to do a Fight Pool instead of another Baby Pool to see which colleagues will fight first during Regents grading. There's always one major blowout every year! But enough about that, let's get back to me since my #1 Fan told me today that I was slacking, my deepest and most sincere apologies! (LOL)

I'm at the very tail end of my first trimester, and while I have promised not to complain (because I am so blessed), I'm just stating the facts...this has been rough. I would say 87% of the past 4 weeks have been filled of almost 24/7 nausea. I used to be able to say I haven't thrown up once, but alas that came to an end this past Friday. On Thursday, I was horribly nauseated, nothing seemed to work, I was hungry but no matter what I tried to eat I was sickened by the taste. Then Friday was wonderful (or so I thought), my students brought in all kinds of goodies and baby was very, very happy. I mean, I ate pound cake, brownies, bagels, fried rice, cake, trail mix, pizza, juice, water...everything and anything that came pass my nose baby had to have. I was in my glory. When I got home, my alumni/DD babysitter came over to hang since she hadn't seen me since the preggers. We were just hanging when DH came home and said, "Let's go see Hulk"...he even treated my alum. I'm still feeling great at the movies as I shove fistful after fistful of popcorn in my mouth. Movie's over, we get home, I sit down, and the queasies show up. DH goes off to bed, but alum stays to help wash DD hair and set her up for bed (she's awesome!). I put some water on for a cup tea, and right after alum left and DD is making her way to bed, I take one sip of the tea and make a bee line to the toilet. Talk about horrible, awful, disgusting, nasty, putrid, vile...UGH!! It was all the butter from the popcorn, bright and orange - EWWW!!!!! The only solice in all of that was the fact that I knew that my all day feeding frenzy wasn't the blame, and I will not have popcorn again for the rest of this pregnancy...maybe ever...okay, kidding, just pregnancy.

Tomorrow's the Genetic Counseling, Integrated Test, Sonogram with Cervical Length Check...Can you say NERVOUS??!!!

2 comments:

Radha said...

What does "genetic counseling" entail? Sounds unecessarily intimidating.

Oh, and I'm so glad you created this. I'll be in Italy all of July, lugging my laptop with me, so expect many comments...!

-Radha

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres said...

See post on 6/17 for what happened the day of. Basically, it's a 3 part test. First, they sit you down to explain everything (ie counseling), then there's an ultrasound to measure the amount of flesh at the back of the baby's neck. If it measures a certain number then there is a chance for Down Syndrome or other chromosome disorders. Lastly, there's blood work to look at the slicing of the genes. They then repeat 4 weeks later.