Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bummer at the OB1

First let me start of with a brief vent: I was supposed to take myself, right? But my mother insisted that even though she had plans with her friend to see a 4pm movie they would take me to my 2:45 appointment. Even though I told her they'd never make it in time, but alas she came to get me 2:10 and with traffic we got there at 2:30. I sent her a text around 3:10 to say I hadn't been seen yet and it wasn't looking good. When they finally called me into a room, she calls while I'm getting my pressure taken, I can't answer. She calls again while I'm giving a urine sample and without peeing on myself I answer, it's now 3:31 and she really wants to make the 4pm movie. I'm like: "I just got in the room, I don't know when the dr is coming in"...she says, "...I'm called DH to come get you, dropping DD off to the waiting room, and we're going to try to catch the movie". At this point I want to scream, but whatever. Shortly after the nurse comes in to tell me DD is reading in the waiting room. OB1 comes in and I lecture him for not being there, but of course he had an emergency and felt it was a good time to meet other doctors in the practice. Which of course, I understood. Baby is fine, had a strong heartbeat of 145. OB1 confirmed my need to be on full bedrest, even stressing "more horizontal than vertical" - OUCH! That hurt. It's one thing to have to be in bed but to be lying down as I am typing sideways, gotta tell ya, not cool at all. My weight dropped again. At last appointment I was 150, at the hospital I was 153, now I'm down to 147. Technically, I should be 160 ( a pound per week). OB1 not worried because the hospital visit probably did it, plus he reminded me that I told him while on bedrest with DD I didn't gain much at all. It just seems crazy to me that I started at 143 and I'm only 147, you know? Trying not to worry as long as "slinky" is safe. You like my little knickname? Cute right? Oh, and I can drive, as long as I go door to door and don't have to do a lot of walking to get to my destinations (ie home vs. dr office). We'll see about that my mom still isn't buying it, though. oh, well.

No comments: