Saturday, July 5, 2008

What a LONG 3 Days!!!

My cousin got married on Wednesday (Which will make it wedding #2 of 4 this summer), and almost my entire family was here to celebrate it. It was so great to see everyone, especially my brother who I haven't seen for a few months since he now lives in Florida. I didn't realize how much I missed him until I picked him up from the airport. And it's been a roller coaster ride ever since with all of the aunts and uncles and cousins. My mother got an earful because this wedding was my big "reveal" to the extended family. They all chastised her for not spilling the beans, which I was shocked she hadn't, I didn't tell her not to, but she actual let me do it on my own. That was nice. So DH and DD got a lot of congratulations over the past few days. Oh, and the best part, the absolute most wonderful part of these past 3 days...drumroll please...I haven't been nauseaous!!! Whooo-freakin-Hoo!! I went out with my BFF on Tuesday for some Red Lobster and sat down and ate an entire lobster...I was in heaven. Then the wedding, I had no problem with the food, my only issue since I couldn't drink-drink, was that their water tasted nasty, and baby still doesn't like juice. By the end of the wedding I was utterly dehydrated, but feeling good otherwise. I don't think I've ever had so many belly rubs in one sitting. LMAO. Then Thursday we had a memorial for my aunt that passed, it's been 10 years. It was a simple showing of love and remembrance at her burial site. It was very emotional for everyone, but we were so proud of her daughter because she has come so far in the past 10 years. From there we went to visit my grandfather who passed away 2 days before my wedding in 2005. Again memories and prayers went all around. After that we headed back over to my favorite aunt's house for a BBQ. We had so much fun and food. The laughs never stopped. Lastly, was yesterday, 4th of July. I woke up early to be picked up by mom, brother and his fiance (who came down to surprise everyone for the weekend since she couldn't make the wedding), we stopped off to pick up my uncle visiting from Florida and off to Brooklyn we went. First stop was my brother's best friend/godbrother's house where I got to see his new baby (well 9 months new) for the first time. Then we split up, my mom took DD and me, while brother and fiance went to see her father and relatives. My mom dropped me off to my grandmother's house where I hung out and cracked jokes mostly about being hungry with nothing in the house to eat and trying to beg various family members to get me a roti (which never happened). My aunt from Florida finally had pity on me and bought me a Jamaican Beef Patty (Yum!!) which held me over until the BBQ at my uncle (father of bride) house. More food, more laughs, more family, and lots of fun!! Which brings me to today. Two words:

I'M TIRED!!! LOL

2 comments:

Staci said...

I love your shirt. You look great.

Anonymous said...

no wonder they didn't buy you a roti...we stopped at Gloria's on our way home saturday (baby shower on friday, car check on saturday at mechanics). I wanted a shrimp roti....um $8.50 for a roti....i looked again at the board and the money in my pocket and opted for a chicken for $6.50.......DAMN INFLATION........