Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just call me: "SUPERPREGGERS"!!!!

I am the woman!! If this summer keeps up at this pace, I may never gain any weight. Monday was DH's birthday, and since the day I met him he's talked about wanting to swim with the sharks. Guess what? After days of trying to get him to be off on the only day available, Sunday, I took him and DD to Atlantis Aquarium for his birthday shark dive. He had a blast, DD was excited, and I was happy to give him this last birthday gift before the baby arrives. We spent about 4 hours at the Aquarium, then headed over to my mom's for his homecooked birthday dinner. While at my mom's we finalized plans for his actual birthday - The Bronx Zoo! Yeah, that's what I said! On Monday, my mother picked my up at about 8:30 to drive into Brooklyn to pick up her friend and 2 kids. We met my DH at my grandmother's house where we caught the train at 10 to the Bronx. I know! An hour later and brief walk we were at the zoo. Then we walked, and walked, and walked, and walked some more. My 3 favorite parts, you ask? Lunch at the Dancing Crane's Cafe where I had a Nathan's hot dog with fries, the Butterfly House, and the ride to the front gate. (How did I get this wonderful ride?) Well, right after the Madagascar exhibit, I was dragging like molasses. Man was I tired, but I didn't want to spoil it for the kids or DH, so I just dragged along. My ever-so-perceptive mother caught on right about the time we hit the Wild Birds. A park staff member happened to walk past and at about 150 decibals this is what you heard: "EXCUSE ME? EXCUSE ME?! MY DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT AND ABOUT TO POP, IS THERE ANY WAY THAT YOU COULD CALL SOMEONE TO GIVE HER A RIDE TO THE FRONT GATE! SHE'S DONE WAY TOO MUCH WALKING ALREADY AND WON'T MAKE IT TO THE GATE!" Within 10 minutes my chariot arrived. It was bumpy and breezy and I loved it!! I then was able to sit down by the Eco-Bathroom (which is fantastic if you've never been in one) and put my feet up. Then the 1 hour train ride back to Brooklyn, a roti, and a 1 hour drive back to LI and DH's 2 day birthday jaunt was over. Amen!

...wait til you hear more on what Superpreggers did Tuesday and Wednesday...too tired to go on...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww yay Ms. E i'm so proud that you made it through all of that. You definitely give awesome birthday gifts!! And you finally got your roti (I think?).

Hehe enjoy your summer thus far.

-Cody