Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'VE GOT CLEARANCE!!!

After being completely and utterly depressed about being trapped in the house. I had an appointment with one of OB1's associates on Friday. This was the determining appointment and she felt that it would be safe for me to start work next week as long as I promised to be be extra careful. She even wrote me a script for a wheelchair. The only caviat with the wheelchair is that it can't be self-propelled b/c that would qualify as exerting myself, and it can't be motorized or it will be too heavy for me to manipulate in and out of the car or anywhere for that matter. I rented a 24lb lightweight wheelchair that even my daughter can manipulate. The only issue it presents is that I will need someone to push me around at work and I'm not sure how that's going to work (we are talking about the Dept. of Ed after all). To celebrate my partial freedom after my appointment yesterday, I went to get my hair done (certainly can't go back to work with the hair looking a hot mess!), my hair dresser was accomodating by bringing me a foot stool everytime I sat down. Then today hubby took me and daughter to finish the baby registry at Babies R' Us. I felt so human again to be out and about (albeit in a wheelchair) it felt great. Plus, hubby even got into the registry recommending things I hadn't even thought of. Afterwards, we went to Baskin Robbins for a dessert, where I got to sit on hubby's lap for the first time in months. It was such a normal day, and I feel so much better than I did a few days ago.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! looking forward to seeing you soon then! glad that you had a wonderful, "normal" day!

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres said...

Thanks...looking forward to seeing you too!!