Monday, July 26, 2010

Quick Maddy Story...

For our family vacation we're going to Myrtle Beach this year with my best friend and her family. Driving first to them spending the night and then heading out butt crack early to get to SC. Well, those of you with impatient kids know you never tell a kid in advance what you're doing or where you're going because for weeks all you get is: When are we going again? Can I take this? Who's going to be there? Will I have anyone to play with? What if I don't like it? What if no one will play with me?....Right? So, we never tell Maddy big surprises because she will drive us bonkers!!

That's the back story. I always like to find creative ways of telling her big news or surprises, so this time I was going to have my godsons call her and tell her the fun news that they'd be spending a week together at Myrtle Beach, but then I got this email LOL:

"I asked Jamel if he wanted to call Maddy to tell her about the trip and he looked at my like I was crazy and said why didn't her mom tell her like everyone else's mom did. LOLOLOLOL Girl, I thought I was going to fall out when he said that. Jim just looked at me and shook his head. LOL Needless to say, he wasn't to into calling and telling her about the trip."

Now I had up with a different way to surprise her, soooooooooo: She's been begging me to update her MP3 player that my brother bought her since Christmas and I finally did it. I yelled from upstairs for her to close her eyes. I ran downstairs to the living room after checking that her eyes were shut tight, and I slipped the earphones over her ears. She was so excited for that she nearly fell off the couch. Then I hit her with the "do you want to know why I finally updated your music?" She was all: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo?" I started running back up the stairs yelling, "BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO NEED IT FOR THE CAR RIDE UP TO MEET YOUR GODBROTHERS FOR OUR FAMILY VACATION TO MYRTLE BEACH, SOUTH CAROLINA!!!!!!!"

I tell you, the smile and squeals of excitement = PRICELESS!!!

(that wasn't quick at all, now was it?)

3 comments:

Ms. Understood said...

What a cute way to surprise your daughter. I'm sure she loved it.

I left a blog award for you at my blog.

Unknown said...

That was cute and very creative!!! I'm still laughing about Mel. What are we going to do with these kids. LOL

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres said...

@Ms. U - Thank You so Much!!

@Michelle - It was too funny not to share, our kids, I tell you!!