Friday, September 24, 2010

First Attempt at Bantu Knots



Did a wash and condition in the shower, left it damp, put in a leave in conditioner, and got to twisting. Can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow, although I don't have much confidence in the knots actually staying put throughout the night. Wrapping it in a silk scarf but just don't think I twisted them in tight...well, I guess I'll find out in the morning how my first attempt goes!!

Plus, we've got a street fair to go to and I can test out my unfurled twist tomorrow! Supposed to be a magnificent day. Then Atlantic Antic street fair on Sunday, we haven't been to it in about 15 years. We used to go religiously every year but then stopped going and I couldn't figure out why. I really think it had to do with my aunt passing away. See my mom and her sisters used to take me, my brother, and my cousins all the time. We used to look forward to it every year. But I think unconsciously we stopped going because my aunt was no longer there to go with us. Now that I'm "all growed up", I look forward to sharing the experience with my kids. Unfortunately, mom went to Florida and will miss out, and my other aunt may have to watch my grandma, so while I may not have the whole "aunty experience", hopefully I'll create a really cool "mommy experience"!!