Saturday, January 8, 2011

How To Celebrate a First Period?

While at a friend's baby shower on a potty break for Linky, Maddy tells me she sees blood. Upon a full fledged mommy investigation, she got her first PERIOD!! I suppress mom tears long enough to get her a pad from my purse...then proceed to text every member of our immediate family and my best girl friends!!

My question to all the mommies (or ladies in general) out there, what special thing did you do for your daughter to mark her period? Or do you have a special memory from when you got your first period that your own mom did for you?

My mom called my dad at work and when she passed me the phone he said, "Well, I guess my little princess is a big woman now, and I'll have to buy you pads and tampons for your next birthday". My response: "MOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!" while he laughed and told he was just kidding!

No comments: