Monday, February 6, 2012

Natural Hair Dolls

My bestie sent me this link (Thanks Chelly) and all I can say is: WOW!!!  There are finally some dolls out there that better represent the different hair styles that women of color sport!

The site: Natural Girls United has a tab dedicated to Natural Hair Dolls.  I must say that I'm loving the majority of them.  However, some of the children that they created for Barbie to have...well, I don't find them to be very flattering.  But that's just me.

Here are my two favorite from the site:
Add caption



What are your thoughts on these dolls?

4 comments:

Renae said...

I like the dolls!!

I am Me said...

I love them. Part of the reason I went natural was to show my daughter the many different ways to be beautiful. It's nice to know that I can buy her a doll that really looks like her.

KIKA said...

I love it!

Sally George said...

I love the dolls. I made some natural happy hair dolls for my granddaughters. Please check out
www.karibbeankidsvi.com
to see them.
Sally,
St. Thomas, USVI