Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sweet Plantain Battered Flounder

I had some Plantain Fried Shrimp yesterday with my soon-to-be-mama BFFL and decided to try it at home today. The problem? I thought the recipe called for sweet plantain but everywhere I searched gave a recipe using green plantain.

Did that stop me? Nope!! I created my own recipe.


I used one ripe plantain.


Used a grater to shred the plantain but after the fact I realized I could have mashed it too.


I used a 1/2 cup of flour.


One egg beaten which I mixed in the plantain to a nice thick consistency.


Here is my wild caught fresh flounder seasoned with fresh lemon, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder.


I dredged the fish in flour and then coated it in the plantain batter and fried it in canola oil.


Now while it wasn't what I had yesterday, my entire house loved it and the fried plantain batter was a sweet addition to the fish!

Just delicious! I'll be definitely doing it again not an extra piece left! Yummy!

Thanks Shan for a great brunch!!!

- Posted using BlogPress

1 comment:

cuzzo nikki said...

why didnt you have any??? were you trying to make your family the guinea pigs?? lol...sounds yummy though might have to try that one day for my house...