Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunshine On Grandma's Sunset

Though we put my 90 year old grandmother to rest last week, I was reminded of the expression: "Funerals and Weddings".
The two times you get to see family and old friends. I got to see aunts, uncles, cousins, and family friends who I've missed over the years. Hearing myself sound like mom sharing the joys and aggravations of motherhood. Listening to my cousin validating me with her own parental war/victory stories.
We cried a lot but, mostly, we laughed a whole lot more... hearing my dad and uncle share stories of their growing up. The "licks and beatings" that they both admitted to molding them as men. The lengthy stiletto conversation is definitely one no one will soon forget.
Whinin' and limin' and fettin' and celebratin life Trini-style is how we does do!!
Sigh... Without getting all weepy about, here are two super sweet moments from this weekend.
One with my sister, niece and dad and the other with Link and ZZ ( niece) sharing a moment.

No comments: