Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rotisserie Chicken Anyone? (updated with pics)

Ok, don't laugh, but tonight I cleaned my 4th ever whole chicken. I cannot stand cleaning chicken especially a whole chicken...

...however! I bought us a rotisserie by Cuisinart after witnessing Link's daycare teacher throwing down a roast on one. Once she explained how easy it was to use, plus the healthier eating aspect of it, I was sold!!

Fast forward to tonight and I gave hubby a choice (silly me) of either chicken or roast beef, and he chose the chicken.

So after cleaning the chicken, I brined it (my first time ever brining anything). Are you like me? Brining means submerging the entire chicken in 8 cups of a water & salt solution for 3 1/2 hours.

Then while it brined I created my own marinade of: salt, pepper, fresh garlic, onion powder, paprika, rosemary, fresh thyme, lemon zest, honey, and extra virgin olive oil. When the brine time was over I threw the whole chicken in a gallon ziploc with the marinade to sit overnight. Tomorrow I'll be trussing my first chicken (that should be interesting to tie up a chicken)!

Here's my bird all trussed up and no where to go but in the rotisserie

Here it is with all its lady parts showing

Spin Rotisserie Spin 



Golden brown to perfection!!  I literally put it in for  an hour and 15 minutes and walked away!  Delicious and juicy!  I will never cook a chicken in my oven again!!!

2 comments:

MrsTDJ said...

Woman, stop!!! You're making me want to go out today and buy a dang rotisserie oven! LOL! Looks delicious and I'm sure that in the long run, the thing will pay for itself.

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres said...

Mrs. TDJ - you must go get one!! The shrimps were the bombdiggity and I just did a beef roast today! My regular oven is about to become a storage cabinet!! LOL