Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Strider Update: In Response to Janet

On August 19th, Janet wrote:

Hi-
I to am considering on buy one. I've been researching the product and its competition for my thesis project so it's nice to see someone using and especially a sista. I live in the DC metro area. I have an opportunity to try it from a person who owns one near where I work but we haven't exactly connected yet. But I would like to know your progress. It can help me with my thesis project. By the way, my name is Janet aka GaGa Mac on Facebook. Please let me know when you post again your progress.
Hey Janet!

I love my Strider!!  I had a 3 week hiatus due to my foot surgery (gained back the measly 4 lbs I lost and then some!!)  I simply rock one sneaker and my surgical boot on the other foot, and I got back on the strider twice so far this week!  It's been slow going again and I feel like I did when I first started.

I did 25 minutes yesterday and burned 313 calories - my goal has been minimum 400 calories in 30 minutes.  Today I only did 18 minutes and burned 273 calories - Ugh!  But I did tackle my first hill today!  Thought I was going to die when I reached the top, my chest and thighs were begging for a reprieve.

I would definitely suggest trying one out before you get it, but if you've ever enjoyed working out on an elliptical in the gym, then love doesn't even come close to the freedom you will feel with the Strider!!

Now I have 2 weeks before I go back to work and I hope I can lose all this post-op fat that I've gained!!


No comments: