Monday, April 14, 2008

2 Potential Future Buns in the Oven!!!

Yesterday was the big day - Embryo Transfer Day or Implant Day!! We arrived 3 minutes late, and I was so paranoid about being late, I made DH close the elevator door on another couple only to meet them 3 seconds later as we waited to be buzzed in (karma, I know). After that we went up to the office, signed in, and waited our turn to be called (less than 5 minutes later). Once they called us in, I was asked to disrobe from just the waist down. DH was given a gown to put over his clothes, a mesh hat for his head, and footies for over his shoes (the nurse had to split them open since he's a size 13 - EESH! LOL). The nurse came over had me sign the final forms, and the statement that there were no extra embies to freeze. My time slot was 10:10 and I was 2nd in line this time, which sucked ass because you have to have a full bladder and I was all ready to explode. The doctor came over at 10:00 to explain our results and the procedure. We had one natural Grade A embryo and one ICSI Grade B embryo, and both were going to be implanted. Then she explained that procedure takes all of 10 minutes. They wheeled me in on the gurney at about 10:15 with DH following behind. When we reached the lab room, I was asked to scoot to the very end of the gurney with a big pillow under my bum. DH was seated to my right and was too far to hold my hand (I didn't like that part). I had the doctor, 2 nurses, and the embryologist doing the hand off. Once all players were in place, my usual morning nurse that does my sonos prepared the sono for the doctor. I was told again what a beautiful uterus I have and it looked "right". The doctor inserted the speculum (which put the peepee pressure on for real) and then the embryologist handed off my 2 embies in a test tube connected to a really long flexible catheder. The doctor told us to look for the 2 white air bubbles on the screen, follow it's path and we would see our embies being implanted as a bigger white dot. It was totally cool to watch...but honestly as touching and moving and wonderful an experience it was, the full bladder really took away a lot, you know? Afterwards, I had to lie flat on the gurney still with the big pillow under my bum for 30 minutes (after 10 you can get up to pee, I held it for almost 24 minutes). I ended up spending about 45 minutes total on the gurney because I had 2 questions that I forgot to ask the doctor. 1) Can I keep my massage appointment this Thursday? She quickly reassured me that it was not a problem as long as they stay away from the belly and 2) Can we still go on our road trip for Spring Break? Again, absolutely (unless I need the doctor - of course). I got dressed and was sped home. I had to have a full day of bedrest, which I did, and my luck - nothing on TV - EESH!! But you know what?

I DON'T CARE!!! I GOT FUTURE BUNS IN THE OVEN, MAN!!!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

YAY! I'm so excited. There's a little P and a little D. I feel as if I have a view right into your womb. It's a ..... womb with a view. :) I know, I know.