Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm such a big baby!

I am sitting in my office at school wiping tears from my eyes and I sit on hold with the pharmacy to refill my PIO prescription. Why am I crying?! Because my ASS HURTS!!! I love my DH and I have to keep saying that every time I sit down, stand up, walk or try to bend. On top of all the lumps and bruising from the PIO shots, last night DH hit a vein or nerve and didn't say anything, he just kept on with the injection, and I am in agony. Nothing works! The hot pack, ice, tylenol, nothing, nada, zilch. So I called the RE's office last night because I realized I'm almost finished with the PIO and since I'm in so much pain can I switch to an alternative. Here come the water works, as long as my progesterone levels stay consistent I need to stay on the PIO shots. Sorry, she said. As far as any tricks to minimize the pain, she told me I'm doing everything right: icing beforehand, heating afterward, the dart method, the twisting method, massaging area after, walking around...I've even tried warming up the PIO in my bra beforehand, and still I have a golfball sized lump on my right cheek and complete and total pain on the left cheek. The only way they would switch it to the suppositories (which are a smaller dose of medication) is if the doctor approves my levels after Monday's scan. **Sigh** The things we do for love, right?!!

No comments: