Thursday, April 17, 2008

Luckiest Girl in the World!!

What a day!! Had bloodwork done at the crack of dawn this morning to check my estrogen and progesterone levels, no call from lab by 3pm...it's all good (no need to up or drop my PIO injection). After leaving work today I went to the nail salon to get a fill-in. When I walk in the salon is empty. They ask if I want fill-in and pedicure and I say, "I want to but I've got the school bus". My Viv (the owner) says, "No worries, we tag team you and get you out of here by 3:15!" I say, "You're on!" I get in the pedicure chair and they push the button for the chair massage, then while one nail tech is doing my toes, the other tech is doing my fingernails. I'm in heaven!! And true to her word, my nails are dry and I'm in my car by 3:15 on the nose. I know! Plus, no call! Once I'm home I get leftovers ready cuz I got me some plans. Where? You ask. Well, last week was my BFFL's 30th birthday and this week is Spa Week, so I got us a double message appointment at Nubest Salon in Manhassat. We were scheduled for double swedish messages with hot stone treatment (with Spa Week it's literally 1/3 the normal cost). Anyway, I say "were scheduled" because once my masseuse found out I could be preggers she wouldn't do the swedish and almost no hot stones. At first I was really disappointed, but then she assured me that she was going to give me a relaxation massage because they don't do hot stones on pregnant women (learn something new everyday). No swedish deep tissue b/c again she was afraid with me being PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise). It was refreshing to have someone that actually cared about the client and didn't just do what it said on the paper. She was very comforting and soothing, stopping at certain points to hold my hand and ask if everything was alright. One hour of non-sex related pleasure - seriously! Afterwards, we went to Fridays, where I had the best Chipotle Grilled Steak sandwich!! It had skirt steak w/shredded lettuce and tomato on panini bread with sweet plantains on top - YUM! For dessert, we split the vanilla bean cheesecake, equally - YUM but multiply by a million! We hugged and I rushed home. DH was already asleep and I checked with my doctor to verify I could take a later shot. Clearly I can't shoot the waytoosuperlongneedle in my butt, but I didn't have to worry because right next door is my very own neighborhood phlebotomist! What are the odds?! I call her up, let her know DH is knocked out and DD is pretending to be asleep, ice my butt, and within minutes she's in my bathroom stabbing me in my ass. It was great! (dripping with sarcasm) but really, I am feeling so blessed that I have her next door and she can do this for me when DH is unavailable. What a great day, I honestly thought it was Friday.

No comments: