Sunday, April 6, 2008

Nervous as hell...

I'm literally lying in bed on my left side in mild agony. I don't know if I'm mentally creating this pain because I know what my body is doing, or if I'm actually in pain. I had another appointment today, from now until retrieval they will need to check me everyday. So as it stands, I have 12 follicles, 6 on each side...18mm is the largest follicle and 11mm is the smallest. They are hoping that each of the follicles matures to sizes between 17 - 25mm. Already though I have some cramping going on, and I don't know if this is a normal occurance or not. My big fear is to develop OHSS, Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (0http://www.ivf-infertility.com/ivf/standard/complications/ovarian_stimulation/ohss.php). Right now it feels like I'm bloated, and my ovaries hurt as if cramps from a period or ovulation. Clearly it's not ovulation b/c they checked my blood this morning and told me I wouldn't be taking the HCG shot until maybe Tuesday.

The funny thing about all of this, my dog is equally anxious. I've talked about this with my uncle, who is a huge dog lover, and he told me that Coffee, my dog, can sense when I'm anxious, sick, worried, fearful and respond accordingly. Since the onset of this process her eating habits have changed, too. Normally we leave her food when we leave for work in the morning, but lately she waits until I get home to eat it...plus I find her more whiny than usual. I'm curious to see how she'll be when I get pregnant.

I just took some Motrin about an hour ago, and it doesn't seem to have helped in any way...oh, wait, I did have a headache too, that seems to be gone. The cramping, bloating, gas, and overall weird feeling? Nope that's all still there. But I know that God doesn't put anything on me that I can't handle, so I'm going to do my best to handle this b/c God will reward my family for my endurance with a wonderful bundle or bundles of joy. Can the church say, AMEN?!

No comments: