Thursday, July 31, 2008

A true test of friendship...

You can always tell who your true friends are when you have to deal with a crisis or an illness. If you've ever broken a limb, had to stay in hospital, or fallen ill, it is during that time you can figure out who your real friends are. I'm in this house, in this room, and in this bed for another 19 weeks. I feel blessed everytime the phone rings and someone on the other end asks: "Do you want some company?" It's wonderfully surprising when the phone call is from someone I haven't seen in a while and I get the rare opportunity to reconnect with someone. And how spooky is that as I'm typing this one of my co-workers, of the older persuasion, just called to check on me, in her words: "I was thinking of you and praying for you, and felt compelled to do the momthing and check on you". So unexpected and sweet. This woman is a grandmother, so she just offered if I need to pick up my DD and take her to the pool or go grocery shopping or whatever. My Slinky is so lucky to have people that care about his journey into this life.

No comments: