Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's Sunday...

and I'm rememering the last joke my aunt told me, like to hear it? Here it goes: She said, "So what are you doing today?" wait for it..."I know! Laying in bed! Ha ha ha!" She's hilarious I know. I saw OB1 yesterday for my routine check-up. Slinky is doing well, my blood pressure is low as always, urine is clear, and I think I'm finally gaining weight now. I'm up to 150. When we started IVF I was 143, then I went up to 147, then 150, then 147, and after the hospital visit, I was back down to 143. Crazy right? Look how the numbers keep going. A week and a half ago I was back up to 147, and now I'm back to 150. If lotto numbers run in the 100s, I'm definitely going to play them. Now let's see if I could I can continue gaining some weight for Slinky. According to OB1, you're supposed to gain a pound a week, which means I should have gained at least 18 lbs by now. I've gained 7, which later on, I'd definitely be grateful for. It just seems that I'm losing all my muscle and that's why the weight hasn't been drastic. But what do I know.

Oh, I almost forgot, as an early birthday present my brother and his fiance sent me the entire first season of FAME. Do you remember FAME? It was one of my favorite shows growing up. And recently the movie was on cable, I went nuts! Coincidently my brother and his fiance were having a discussion about old school tv shows and this was on the list. Light bulb moment! Sister stuck on bedrest and might be bored out her mind, let's send her something she'll go crazy for! It was the sweetest gift ever!! I am so happy, I've already started watching the first of four discs. Did you know that Jasmine Guy was on FAME? So far she hasn't said a word but she's been dancing her ass off. Fran Dresher was on the opening episode! Debbie Allen still looks the exact same, and Leroy, well, y'all know, Leroy was flaming out way back when. It's like jumping back in time. Chat later, I've got episodes to watch...

No comments: