Monday, August 4, 2008

More about Sunday...

I cheated a tiny bit, and by tiny I mean, I had DH put a lawn chair out front with DD's foot stool, and I read the paper. It was way too beautiful a day to be stuck in the house, you know? I got to see some of my neighbors and feel like a real person for 2 hours. Then the best part of Sunday came at about 6pm, when I turned to DH and said, "Didn't you promise me something since Friday?" With a mild grunt and smile, "oh, yeah, I'll get it tomorrow"...I said, "Tomorrow is today, get it crackin". What was owed to me, you ask? Cheesecake!!! Plus, just as he's walking out the door to get my Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Friday's, I shout out: "OOo, and if you feel like adding some wings, go for it!!" And do you know he came home with both!!! It was the first time I really wanted something at a restaurant and had to have it (No, that's not true, there was the shrimp and linguini), but it has been a while since I really wanted something. And man-oh-man was it GOOD!!

...Slinky must have loved it too, because he's kicking up a little storm right now, maybe his way of saying, "Aren't there 6 more wings in the fridge right now??!!"

No comments: