Monday, March 24, 2008

Confused as usual...

I've been nauseous since friday and I decided to call the RE's office with my questions, I had 4 of them.

  1. Is nausea a typical symptom of IVF? No, headaches are, might be my IBS or something else entirely.
  2. Can we have sex now? Yes, but in about a week the answer will be no! So have at it!
  3. I keep reading that I'll get my period, I don't get it, isn't that bad? It's not a period, it's breakthrough bleeding after you stop the BCPs.
  4. Am I supposed to have any BW done between now an U/S on 3/31? No

I plan on calling again tomorrow anyway because I saw my regular plain-jane doctor today about refilling my synthroid medication, and I mentioned I'm doing IVF. Turns out that (according to him, and some online medical articles) there is a huge correlation between thyroid disease and infertility...SHOCKING!! Now he tells me that I need to demand that they check my thyroid levels with each stage of the IVF process to make sure I don't fall too far above or below where I need to be. Check it out: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hypothyroidism-and-infertility/AN01436

Great, can we just add some more salt to the wound?...and speaking of salt:

Another co-worker is preggers!!!

I am genuinely happy for her....but...it was still a knife in the gut. Then when everyone's like "I wonder who's next?" I wanted to scream: "YOU DUMB MOTHERFATHERS KNOW IT'S ME AND THAT I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR A YEAR - DAMN!!" But alas, I smiled and congratulated. Five minutes later I'm locked in the office calling my BFFL, "I need to be cheered up ASAP!" Her response, "So&So's pregnant, right?" Then only as a BFFL can, she ran down every possible scenario to make me feel better. Coworker is younger, first baby, etc, etc, etc. Got off the phone called DH, and he too went down the list, topped his off with: "In May, we'll be fighting the urge to tell everyone our news too!!"

So, we'll see...will tell about the RE convo about thyroid tomorrow...maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you girl!! I hear ya when the dreaded question comes up, "so,who's gonna be next?" It's like, SHUT UP!!!!