Monday, November 24, 2008

What a great weekend!!




Saturday
To make up for my truly crappy Thursday, my weekend more than did the trick. For starters, hubby was home for the majority of it (you know how rare that is). On Saturday at 4pm, we got mom to take Maddy for a few hours so we could have some alone time before Slinky gets here. My shocking exact words to my husband were, "this is a rare opportunity, what ever you want to do, we'll do it". He couldn't believe it! He really wanted to catch a movie, and I knew what he wanted to see so I looked up the time and there was a 4:15 show. The funny thing is as we're getting ready I made a comment to the effect: "I hope you appreciate this, it's not often we do what you want no questions asked". Confused he asked, "But I thought you wanted to see Twilight?". Of course, I did!!! Duh! However, I wanted him to see something he wanted, I could always go see it on my own. Needless to say, he was thrilled that we were going to see the latest Bond movie (which turned out to be pretty good, though I'm not a Bond fan or follower). After the movie, we went over to my mom's house to pick up Maddy. Now mind you, I haven't been to my mother's house in 4 1/2 months because she has stairs and refused to let me come over. I made my way up those stairs...Man, I missed my mother's house!! We stayed for a little while so that Hubby could help her set up her christmas tree and find a place for her 7 plants. By the time we got home, everyone was tired and it was time for bed.

Sunday
Now I truly loved my entire Sunday. Hubby and I woke up at about 7:30am to start getting ready and Maddy got up at 8am. We were all going to church. Maddy is getting ready for her First Communion and she needs to have a certain number of church masses before she can finish. I feel that where we are right now in our lives and in this crazy world, we could use some church time. Our new church is beautiful, you don't realize exactly how big it is until you're inside. After the first few 10 minutes of service, they collect all of the children to have a separate children's mass (which Maddy said they did a lot of singing), and then right before communion they brought the children back. In their classes the children are given "Good Deed" envelopes that they have to fill out describing one good thing they did for the week and give their tithe. Love that! My only problem was I forgot how much sitting, standing, sitting, kneeling, standing, sitting, kneeling...there actually is. Hubby had to help me up a few times and a few other times I just stayed seated. Everyone in the church was very welcoming and we left feeling uplifted (at least I did). Afterwards, we went home, did a little wardrobe change, hung out for about 45 minutes and then were off to brunch with my BFFL and her boyfriend. We met at our favorite itsy-bitsy diner, Thomas', where all they serve is breakfast and lunch, and there is always at least a 20 minute wait no matter what day of the week. Our wait = 45 minutes...but we didn't mind (again at least I didn't) because we know how good the food is. I had (in celebration of Thanksgiving) Pumpkin Belgian Waffles loaded with whipped cream and a side of bacon. I was completely shocked that Slinky let me eat my entire plate (which was huge) and a little bit of hubby's. Once we were stuffed we decided to head over to the movie theater. The only problem is that when we got there there wasn't much that the guys really wanted to see (did us girls know that, perhaps?). We compromised, my Bf and I said we'd go see Twilight and the fellas plus Maddy would go play at Dave & Busters. Perfect!! The movie was good (not as fantastic as the novel but then again not many movies measure up to their written counterparts) and the three of them had a great time playing games. When we got home around 4:30 mom had already hooked us up with a lasagna so all I had to do was heat stuff up for dinner. The finale to our day, eating dinner on trays and watching Narnia: Prince Caspian. The perfect family day. Hubby promises that sooner than later we'll have more of them (finances pending of course)

No comments: