Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Go Linky! Go Linky!

LINKY IS A FULL WEEK WITHOUT THE BINKY!!!
We lost the house binky last week and I was able to put him to sleep without it. The next day he never asked for it. Hubby went in to panic mode, "We have to replace it!! What do we do now if he cries?!" My response? "Redirect and if that doesn't work, let him cry it out!" I'm so glad I did that because it's been a week and he has since been around 3 other toddlers with their binkies and he didn't try to steal it or go looking for his! YES!!!!! All my fears of rocking him to sleep are washed away every time I say, "Night night, Linky" and he immediately puts his head down!
(I know it may not last, just let me bask in it for just a moment!!"
AND AT 17 MONTHS OLD HE HAS USED THE POTTY FOR NUMBER ONE OVER 5 TIMES!!!!!
We bought the little froggie potty just to see what he would do with it. At first he would take the potty part out and put it on his head. Then we let him get comfy just sitting on it. Then we asked him if he wanted to peepee in the potty. First few times nothing happened, but he enjoyed sitting on it, saying repeatedly, "peepee". Then one day we got a trickle, literally 2 drops. He was hyped about that, grabbing his stuff and pointing! And then last week, I said let me try doing it right when he wakes up from any kind of sleep...do you know that every single time, he pees?? The first time he was so shocked he took his hand and stuck it in the pee and prove to me that he actually did what he said. I'm soooooo fricken excited!!!
(Again, I know he may stop doing this, and go through phases of wanting nothing to do with the potty, but alas I revel in the pee of today!!!)

3 comments:

Carla said...

I am going through the same thing with my son. We're getting better with time. The good thing is that I'm learning to have more patience.

@digitalmyk said...

Seems like your son is progressing nicely. My ultimate problem is patience. I feel like my son is out to get me. He does number 1 but will wait until potty time is over to do number 2. What's up with that??? Just something I guess parents just have to stay in constant prayer about. Just find it disturbing that I have to ask God to deliver me from poo.

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres said...

@HHDad - You are sooooo right about that! My son did that to both of us yesterday and today!! I think it's something about having a nice fresh diaper, and I guess we can't really blame them, right? But I'll keep praying there with ya!!