Thursday, August 23, 2012

Linky Embarrassing Moment for Mommy

I almost forgot about this little story until Linky came over and rubbed by belly again today.  Here's a laugh at my expense:

We're shopping in the Macy's in Orlando with my mom and Maddy.  Linky comes over and rubs his hands all over my belly.

Link:  Mommy, when is the baby coming out of you belly?

Me: (mortified) Linky, there isn't any baby in mommy's belly.

Link: Yes, there is!  I can feel it in here!

Me: There is no baby, I promise you!

Link: UH HUH!  YOU'RE BELLY IS BIG AND I KNOW THERE'S A BABY IN D'ERE!!

Me: Linky, please lower your voice.  I'm telling you the truth, mommy is not having a baby!

Linky: MY MOMMY IS HAVING A BABY!!!

Sales Lady: Oh, how precious!  Did he spill the beans?  How far along are you?

Me: Lady, I'm not pregnant!

Mom:  Well, you do look about 4 months! ---> The nerve, right?!!?!?!

Maddy: Mom, you're not fat, honest!

I couldn't get out of there fast enough!  And figures it was a day that I wasn't wearing my SQUEEM!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, the horror! I gave birth in April and my daughter still pats my stomach. I need to pull out the workout tapes.